What Can a Teen Learn from Traveling?

Lars Wagoner, a student in our Youth Travel Blogging Mentorship Program, interviewed a fellow teen traveler about – yes – teen travel. It’s quite informative, this interview…

Until recently, Africa was one of the continents that I hadn’t visited. In January, I finally got to step foot in Africa. We were taking a week long break from Spain and visiting Morocco. We had brilliant plans: sleep in the Sahara Desert, go to a traditional cooking school, visit Marrakech…

In Marrakech we went to the cooking school and were making our way to the Sahara, but our plans suddenly changed. There was a freak snowstorm in the mountains, blocking our way into the vast desert.

Not letting snow dampen our mood, we decided to change plans. Instead of the desert, we went to the beach, to a town called Essaouira. While there, we met the Taylors, a Scottish family of 5 who live in France. It turns out they are taking a year break to travel around in their Campervan and explore the world.

The Taylor family has 3 kids (Adam, Matt, and Katie). I only got to meet Katie and Matt and their mom, Jennifer. Matt and I hit it off immediately – I knew we would be good friends! After spending some time with them, we found out that they would be passing through Spain in a few months’ time. We made plans to meet up.

Matt in Morocco. From What Can a Teen Learn from Traveling?

Matt in Morocco

Read more at:

What Can a Teen Learn from Traveling?